Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c06/h03/mnt/187906/domains/blog.jojomamanbebe.co.uk/html/wp-content/plugins/really-simple-facebook-twitter-share-buttons/really-simple-facebook-twitter-share-buttons.php on line 430
If you’re a fan of Ella’s Kitchen and fancy giving their recipes a go yourself, we’ve got their fantastic Bubble & Squeak recipe that is quick, easy and puts all those Sunday roast left overs to good use. Perfect for sneaking plenty of green vegetables onto a fussy eater’s plate!
You can find this, along with many other delicious kids’ recipes in the Ella’s Kitchen Cookbook, out now.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 12 minutes
You will need:
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ onion, finely chopped (or a couple of spring onions)
- 450g potatoes, cooked and mashed
- 225g cooked Brussels sprouts, chopped (or broccoli or cabbage)
- ½ teaspoon dried mixed herbs (or some fresh parsley)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
What to do:
1. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a frying pan and fry the onion over a low heat for 3-4 minutes until soft.
2. Put the mashed potato and sprouts in a bowl and stir. Add the cooked onion, herbs and eggs, season with black pepper, and mix well.
3. Put a further 1 tablespoon of the oil in the frying pan and warm over a medium heat.
4. Fry spoonfuls of the mixture for about 6-8 minutes, turning once using a fish slice, until lightly browned on both sides. (You may need to cook the mixture in batches – using some more oil, if necessary – depending upon the size of your frying pan.)
5. Serve immediately with handful of grilled cherry tomatoes any leftover cold meat you have to hand.