Fans of the Sophie la Girafe will fall in love with our brand new collaboration with the iconic teether. This season, we’ve designed our very own, exclusive, Sophie themed sleepsuits and accessories for babies, which we know you’ll love. To celebrate the launch, we’ve rounded up 7 interesting facts you may not have known about Sophie la Girafe.
1. First made in Paris in 1961, Sophie is still made in the French Alps today, with the manufacturing process remaining largely unchanged.
2. Sophie first went into production on 25th May 1961 – or Saint Sophie’s Day – which is where she got her name.
3. Sophie made her Hollywood debut in 1987, appearing on the film Three Men and a Baby.
4. In France, more Sophie la Girafes are sold than babies born every year.
5. The rubber that’s used to make Sophie comes from the Hevea tree which grows in Malaysia.
6. It can take up to make 4 months to make Sophie. She is left to dry completely to make sure no more changes occur to the natural rubber.
7. It takes 14 manual processes to make each Sophie.
If your little one loves their Sophie, don’t forget to send us their photo via our Facebook page.